THE SHOPPES AT CARLSBAD PROVIDES UPDATE ON RENOVATION PROGRESS
CARLSBAD, Calif. – June 21, 2017 – The Shoppes at Carlsbad today provided an update on the progress of the previously-announced, multi-year property renovation that first commenced in Fall 2016. Highlighted by the openings of Dave & Buster’s and The Pizza Press, and the high-profile announcements of Zara and H&M joining the retail mix prior to years’ end, noticeable changes that have occurred thus far include:
· Substantial headway has been made on the comprehensive interior refresh of the property with the demolition of the interior portion of the mall. This project is expected to be completed by the 2017 holiday season;
· The commencement of construction on a contemporary restaurant streetscape, which will house high volume restaurant brands, The Cheesecake Factory and Yard House, and popular local favorites, Islands Restaurant and Wokcano Asian Restaurant & Bar, among others. The streetscape – and each restaurant (with the exception of Wokcano, which will open in early 2018) – is slated to open in the fourth quarter of 2017; and
· Victoria’s Secret, Bath & Body Works and American Eagle have undertaken extensive overhauls of their spaces in an effort to provide customers with a more modern and engaging in-store experience. The renovations will allow each retailer to accommodate their respective Pink, White Barn and Aerie concepts, while a new façade along the streetscape will also be constructed outside of Victoria’s Secret. The retailers will unveil their new layouts prior to the 2017 holiday season.
Among other notable updates that will occur throughout the common areas at the shopping center over the coming months include the addition of:
· Natural stone tile;
· Glass railings;
· Energy-efficient skylights;
· Improved lighting, ceiling panels and flooring; and
· An ocean-themed play area with an aquarium adjacent to JC Penney.
“We are quite pleased with the significant progress we have made in the transformation of The Shoppes at Carlsbad,” said Kyle Godat, Senior General Manager of The Shoppes at Carlsbad. “It’s rather remarkable to have accomplished all that we have already done in just over one year since acquiring the property, and we very much are looking forward to carrying the momentum forward.”
The transformation of The Shoppes at Carlsbad is designed to restore the shopping center to a position of prominence within the fundamentally strong Carlsbad and Oceanside markets. Upon completion of the project, the former enclosed mall will be converted into a superregional lifestyle and entertainment center that will encapsulate Carlsbad’s relaxed, beach-centric lifestyle. The shopping center will feature a costal-inspired theme, which will be noted in its color patterns and wall tones, and an upgraded retail lineup that will comprise a number of leading new-to-market national and local retailers.
Mr. Godat added, “We are extremely appreciative of all the support city officials and our customers have showed us thus far. It has been an absolute pleasure getting to know so many people throughout Carlsbad and we could not be more excited to bring to this community a dynamic lifestyle center that truly revolutionizes the retail landscape in Southern California.”
About The Shoppes at Carlsbad
The Shoppes at Carlsbad captures the essence of Southern California’s culture of relaxed coastal hospitality. The multi-faceted lifestyle center is home an exciting array of shopping, dining, entertainment and leisure tenants. The two-level, enclosed super-regional mall features more than 100 specialty stores and is anchored by Macy’s and Regal Cinemas. For more information, please visit: http://www.theshoppesatcarlsbad.com.